Alliant Credit Union was started on 26th October 1935 by a small group of United Airlines employees. It was initially known as United Airlines Employees Credit Union. Its headquarters is in Chicago, Illinois, USA. By the end of 1935, the Credit Union had 146 members, $5088 in assets, 38 loans, and $4210 loan totals.
ACU is federally NCUA insured credit union. The main aim of the Alliant Credit Union is to deliver out of the way service and personalized financial solutions that help their members achieve their goals. They listened to the financial needs of their employees and chartered the credit union to answer their queries. Today also they work on the same principle, the board and the staff members listen to the employees needs as they create services and set rates. The staff will work exceptionally to provide that service and work out the best rate structure for members needs.
The savings of the members generate the funds which are used to provide the loans at competitive rates. Deposits are termed as shares because you become a part owner of your credit union. Depositors are the member/ owner of the Alliant Credit Union.
The Alliant Credit Union meets operating costs and produces enough income to pay an attractive dividend by investing member savings and offering competitive loan interest rates.
Annually the board of Directors are elected by the members. These 11 members decide the policies and direction of the credit union, appoints the manager, declares quarterly dividend rates, and sets interest rates on loans. Many of the board responsibilities are handled by the committees like Credit, Audit, and Finance.
Today Alliant Credit Union has 500,000 + members with $12 billion in assets and $8.3 billion loan totals. It ranks as one of the largest credit unions in nation.
Qualifications to become a member of ACU
Out of the 5 below mentioned requirements one must have any one of them to become a member.
- Any current employee or retired employee of business and organizations associated with Alliant Credit Union
- An immediate family member or domestic partner of the current working member
- Any person living or working in one of the communities near the corporate Headquarters in Chicago
- Any member of a qualifying organization
- If you are not eligible through these steps then you can become a member of Foster Care to Success to become eligible for the Alliant membership. FC2S provides foster teens across the U.S. higher education grants and scholarships, care packages, mentoring, and internships. ( Alliant Credit Union will pay a $5 membership fee to FC2S on your behalf)
Alliant Credit Union login @alliantcreditunion.org
After you get membership of Alliant Credit Union you can enroll and login your account through 3 ways: Online banking, Mobile banking, and Phone banking. You can follow the below given steps for Alliant Credit Union Login:
- Firstly visit the Alliant credit union site or click on the below link,
- On your screen you will find below given image or go to online banking, click on Secure login
Then as shown in the below image you need to enter your username and password and click on Sign in
- If you don’t have an online account created or using it first time then click on enroll now
- Then you need to follow the four steps as shown in the given figure to get enrolled
In first step you need to enter your personal details like last name, DOB, and social security as shown below
- After entering your personal details click on continue
- Then you need to verify your Id
- Then agreeing the terms and conditions
- And at last you need to create your security access
By following these four steps you can create your Alliant Credit Union account and then login.
Steps to login your Alliant Credit Union Account through Mobile banking App
- For mobile banking firstly you need to download the Alliant application from Google play store or App store
- Then you need to enter your username and password
- Then click on login and you are done with login
You can use the fingerprint authentication also and for the Apple device you can use the face recognition feature to login.
How to recover a forgotten username and password
Many a times it happens that people may forget their username and password. Here we have given the steps to retrieve the username and password below:
Steps to recover your username
- You can visit the given link,
- Enter your member account number and date of birth and click on continue
- Then verify your identity and you can recover your username
Steps to recover your forgotten password
- Open the given link, and follow the four steps
- Enter your member account number or username and date of birth
- Click on continue
- Then you need to verify your information and you will receive a temporary password
- By using the temporary password you can create your new password
Steps to use Phone banking
The phone banking facility of Alliant Credit Union is available 24*7. You can follow the steps mentioned below to contact and transact.
- Call on
Toll free number – 8003281935
Local number – 7734622000
- Select how you to bank or transact
You can complete your transactions via voice command, touch-tone or by speaking to an Alliant member service consultant
- Then you need to confirm your identity
By providing your account member number and phone banking pin
By giving you social security number and ZIP code
It shows path for completing transactions using touch-tone banking.
Advantages of using online, mobile and phone banking
By using Alliant Credit Union you have the following advantages:
- You can transfer funds in your Alliant accounts
- You can activate your credit or debit card and make payments
- You can deposit checks
- Create budgeting and manage bill payments
- Login using Face Id or touch Id
- You can have a check on your Alliant account and loan balances
Alliant Credit Union Routing Number
The Alliant Credit Union Routing Number is 271081528.
US bank do not use SWIFT codes so they use this routing or ABA number in place of SWIFT code for US banks.
Alliant Credit Union Reviews
Here we have share the reviews of the Alliant Credit Union. The pros and cons will give you an idea regarding the credit union.
- The savings accounts, checking accounts, and CDs offer competitive yields
- Alliant offers surcharge-free access to over 80,000 ATMs
- The credit union has manageable membership requirements
- It gives facility of checking and savings accounts without fees
- Provides facility of savings and checking accounts for kids
- It is easy to become a member of the Alliant Credit Union
- The credit union doesn’t offer peer-to-peer payments
- Checking account overdraft fees are $25 per piece
- There is no money market accounts facility
- It is not a part of a national shared branching network for in-person business at credit union branches
Alliant Credit Union Loan reviews
Alliant Credit union personal are great options for borrowers because of their flexible terms, low fees, and competitive rates. Here we have shared information regarding the Alliant Credit Union loan reviews. With the help of this you will get an idea about whether to apply for the loan or not.
- Alliant credit provides personal loan to its existing member only. It provides loan from $1,000 to $50,000
- The terms available are from 1 year to 5 years
- You have no prepayment penalties. You can pay early and save on your interest
- The loan approval and APR are based on payment method, credit worthiness, and ability to repay
- There is no origination or prepayment charges
- You get turnaround on the same day
- There is a debt protection plan for unemployment, death, or disability
- There is no check processing charges
- It is only available to Alliant Credit Union members only