The Georgia Credit Union was started in 1934. GCU is financial institution which provides personal and business accounts, auto and home-loans. Here in this article you will get information regarding Georgia Credit Union, Georgia Credit Union login, and Georgia Credit Union application and routing number.
GCU was first known as Atlanta Telco Credit Union and it was started in 1934 by a group of 8 telephone employees with an initial investment of $160.
In 1944 it was renamed to Georgia Telco Credit Union and extended its telephone services throughout the state of Georgia.
In 1958 on March 27, Vernon Carne, principal at Alexander Elementary School, encouraged six DeKalb County educators to join him in forming the Credit Union and apply for a charter with the National Credit Union. He promised to give them $5.
Georgia United Credit Union is located in metro Atlanta. It is considered as one of the largest and strongest credit union in Georgia.
Qualifications to become a member of Georgia Credit Union
- Family members (spouse, siblings, parents, and children) of a Georgia united member or eligible non-member
- Person living in the same household as a Georgia United member or eligible non-member
- Employees and members of Catholic community
- County employees of Association County Commissioners of Georgia (ACCG)
- Retired employees of Select Employee Groups
- Georgia Tech and Faculty staff
- State agencies of Georgia to include all authorities, bureaus, boards, and commissions
- Students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University of Georgia
To become a member of GCU, person must open a Georgia United share account-savings account. A Georgia Credit Union share account is your membership account which requires an opening deposit of $5 and one-time non-refundable membership fee of $5.
Balance sheet of Georgia Credit Union
Below image highlights every detail about the balance sheet with different attributes like total assets, total equity, total shares and deposits, interest income, non-interest income, interest expense and non-interest expense with figures and more details. The image of the balance sheet is of 25-07-2020.
Georgia Credit Union online Registration and Login Process
If you are a new user to online Banking Georgia Credit Union then you need to first complete the enrollment process. For the online banking enrollment process you will need below mentioned details:
- Member number
- Date of Birth
- Social security code
Steps to enroll for online banking
- First visit the gucu.org and click on enroll now
- Or you can directly go to the given link,
- A new tab will appear where you need to enter your details and create your username
- Click on continue
Georgia Credit Union Login procedure
After the enrollment process you just need to have your username and password to login in Georgia Credit Union account. Here are the steps mentioned to Georgia Credit Union login:
- Open the link,
- Enter your username and password
- Click on login
If you want to keep your account login you can click on the Remember me check box and then click on login
Georgia Credit Union Forgot Username and Password Reset process
If you forget yourusername and password then you can follow the following steps and reset it.
Steps for resetting your username:
- Go to the below mentioned link,
- Enter your Email address, social security password, and member number
- Click on continue
Steps for resetting your password:
- Visit the given link,
- Enter your username and click on submit
Georgia Credit Union App
- You can download the application using the link or from Google play store or Apple store
- Then follow the steps and enter the details as asked
- By completing the procedure you can login to your account using the Georgia Credit Union mobile app
Advantages of Georgia Credit Union App
- You can transfer funds between your Georgia credit accounts or accounts with other financial institutions
- You can all your accounts at one place
- You can pay anyone with P2P Pay using their Email address or phone number
- You can receive and mange bills with Bill Pay
- You can deposit checks using the Georgia Credit Union App
- You can temporary freeze your cards
Georgia Credit Union Routing Number
The Georgia Credit Union Routing number is 261171309.
The routing number is used for all type of transactions which includes direct deposits; wire transfer, and e-transfer.
You can find the routing number at the bottom of the check besides your account number. It is issued by your bank branch of Georgia Credit Union. You can also contact your customer support to get your routing number.
Georgia Credit Union Locations
Belowgiven table gives details regarding the branch locations of Georgia Credit Union. The table gives information regarding the locations address and their contact number:
|Corporate Headquarters||6705 sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097, US||7704934328|
|Atlanta Twin Tower||2 MLK Jr. Dr. Balcony level Atlanta, GA 30334||7704766400|
|Atlanta – GDOT||600 W. Peachtree St. 401, Atlanta, GA 30308||7704766400|
|Athens||1710 South Lumpkin St. Athens, GA 30606||7062275400|
|Clarkston||500 N. Indian Creek Dr. Clarkston, GA 30021||4042926868|
|Conyers Branch||1381 Milstead Avenue, Conyers, GA 30012, US||7704835211|
|Cumming branch||312 Canton Highway, Cumming, GA 30040, US||7708897843|
|Dalton||605 Calhoun St. Dalton, GA 30721||7062261199|
|Dublin||2006 Veterans Blvd. Dublin, GA 31021||4782725972|