The Redwood Credit Union is a financial institution which works on the philosophy of “people helping people” and was started in 1950. Its headquarters is in Cleveland, Santa Rosa, California.
They are intended towards the service and not profit, and they provide the same services as banks but at a much greater value.
On Jan 19, 1950, seven employees formed a Sonoma County Employees Credit Union (SCECU), operating from Sonoma County Auditor’s Office in Court House Square, Santa Rosa, CA.
In 1967, the first branch of the credit union was started locating at 370 Administration Drive in Santa Rosa, CA.
In 1982, the SCECU renamed to Redwood Credit Union to reflect its growing demand for their affordable financial services. RCU merged with Santa Rosa Public Employees Credit Union and installed its first ATM at 370 Administration Drive in Santa Rosa, CA.
By 1990, the Redwood Credit Union reaches $100 million in assets, and merges with three credit unions and adds branch locations in Santa Rosa and Ukiah.
As of 2001, RCU celebrates its 50th anniversary, and serves 80,000 Members and $500 million in assets. It operates 8 full service branches.
In 2010, the credit union completes 60 years and it serves nearly 185,000 members.
By 2012, it reaches $2 billion in assets and serves over 220,000 members.
In 2016, the credit union opens a branch in Mill Valley and reaches $3 billion in assets.
The aim of the institution is to serve their members exceptionally in terms of service and value, while assisting them and their business to thrive financially. Business accounts are available to business owners ages 18 and over. It is a member owned credit union so it provides a safe place to save and borrow at reasonable rates.
The services provided by the Redwood Credit Union are as follows
- Checking, Savings Account
- Credit Card
- Certificates, Money Market Accounts
- Commercial Loans, Merchant services
The Redwood Credit Union rates
The Redwood Credit Union rates for the services provided by them are as follows:
- The checking rates details are shown below
The Savings account Rates
Money Market Rates
The Certificates Rates
Visa Credit Card Rates
Loan rates: New and Used Auto rates
New And Used Recreational Vehicle
New And Used Motorcycle Rates
Home Loan Rates
Home Equity Rates
Qualifications to become a member of Redwood Credit Union
If you reach the above mentioned eligibility criteria, then, you can apply for the membership. The requirements while applying for the membership of the credit union are as follows:
- Social Security number and Date of Birth
- Mobile Number and email address
- Residence address in U.S.
- Debit Card or Account information of financing new accounts
Steps to open an account in Redwood Credit Union
- Visit the official website of the Redwood Credit Union,
- On the home page, click on the Join option
- Or you can directly follow the given link,
- Click on Open Account
- On the new tab, you need to select your options
- After selecting the account options, you will need to enter the details as asked
- By completing the process your account will be created, and you will become the member of the credit union
Redwood Credit Union Registration Process for online Banking
- Visit the link of Redwood Credit Union
- Or you can directly the visit the link to register
- Enter the account number, social security number, Date Of Birth, and Accept the terms
- Click on the Start option
- Then set-up your username and password
- Set-up your security questions
- And you are registering your account
Redwood Credit Union Login
After the registration process, you can Sign into your account. The steps for the Redwood Credit Union Login are as follows:
- Browse the Redwood Credit Union site,
- On the Home page you will see a Login to Online Baking box
- Enter your username
- And click on Login
Redwood Credit Union App
You can also access your account through Redwood Credit Union mobile application.
- Download the Redwood Credit Union app from Google Play store or App store,
- After completion of downloading the app
- Enter your username and password
- And press enter on login
- You can also enable Touch ID so you can easily login simply by a touch
Benefits of using the Redwood Credit Union App
- You can easily transfer funds using RCU’s P2P, even to the ones who are not a member of the credit union
- Quick Pay – you will get a reminder for your loan payment
- You can freeze your Debit and Card Credit anytime you want
- You can quickly check your balance, even without login your account
- You can check Account Summary for checking Account Transaction History
- You can use free Bill Pay services
- You can locate or search nearby branch and ATM
How to retrieve the forgotten username
If you forgot your username and password, you don’t need to worry about. You can easily retrieve your username and password. The steps for retrieving the username are as follows:
- Visit the website of Redwood Credit Union,
- On the home page you will get a Login to Online Banking
- In that option, click on Help and Options
- A dialog box will open, click on Forgot Username
- A new window will open where you will need to enter the details
- Enter your Account number, Social Security number, Birthday, and password
- And click on Start
- And you will retrieve your username
The steps for retrieving the password are as follows
- Visit the Redwood Credit Union site,
- Go to the Login to Online Banking
- Click on Help and Options
- Select Forgot Password
Or you can directly visit the link,
- Enter your username
- And click on start
- Enter your details as asked
- Set a new password and your password get reset
Redwood Credit Union Routing Number
The Redwood Credit Union Routing Number is 321177586.
This number is applicable to all the branches and locations of Redwood Credit Union. It is also applicable to all the types of accounts, includes savings, checking, and Investment accounts.
Redwood Credit Union Locations
The Redwood Credit Union provides facility to the credit members from 18 branch locations in 15 cities of California. The details regarding the locations are given below in the table.
|Administrative Offices||3033 Cleveland Avenue, Suite 100 Santa Rosa, CA 95403|
|American Canyon Branch||406 Napa Junction Road, Suite 126 American Canyon, CA 94503|
|Cloverdale||1129 South Cloverdale Boulevard, Suite A Cloverdale, CA 95425|
|Mill Valley||695 E Blithedale Avenue Mill Valley, CA 94941|
|Napa Branch||1705 First Street Napa, CA 94559|
|Novato Branch||1010 Grant Avenue Novato, CA 94945|
|Petaluma Branch||301 North McDowell Boulevard Petaluma, CA 94954|
|Point Arena||280 Main Street Point Arena, CA 95468|
|Rohnert Park||250 Rohnert Park Expressway Rohnert park, CA 94928|
|San Francisco- Market Street Branch||1390 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94102|
|San Rafael||209 Third Street San Rafael, CA 94901|
|Sebastopol||7840 Covert Lane Sebastopol, CA 95472|
|Sonoma||500 W Napa Street, Suite 500 Sonoma, CA 95476|
|Ukiah||195 South Orchard Avenue Ukiah, CA 95482|
|Windsor||8945 Brooks Road South Windsor, CA 95492|