Tahquamenon Area Credit Union (TACU) is a not-for-profit financial institution that has been serving the needs of the community since 1956. With a focus on providing affordable financial services, TACU has been a cornerstone of the community for over 65 years. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at TACU, their history, the services they offer, and why you should consider becoming a member.
A Brief History of Tahquamenon Area Credit Union
TACU was founded in 1956 by a group of local teachers who saw a need for affordable financial services in the community. Over the years, the credit union has grown to serve members throughout the eastern Upper Peninsula of Michigan. TACU is now a full-service financial institution, offering a wide range of products and services, including checking and savings accounts, loans, and credit cards.
Services Offered by Tahquamenon Area Credit Union
TACU offers a variety of financial services to its members:
- Checking and Savings Accounts: TACU offers a variety of checking and savings account options, including basic checking, interest-bearing checking, and savings accounts.
- Loans: TACU offers a range of loan products, including personal loans, auto loans, and home equity loans. They also offer competitive rates and flexible terms to fit the needs of their members.
- Credit Cards: TACU offers a variety of credit card options with competitive rates and rewards programs.
- Online and Mobile Banking: TACU’s online and mobile banking services allow members to access their accounts 24/7 from anywhere. Members can check account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, and more.
- Financial Education: TACU provides financial education resources to its members to help them make informed financial decisions. This includes workshops, webinars, and online resources.
Why You Should Consider Becoming a Member of Tahquamenon Area Credit Union
Becoming a member of TACU has several benefits:
- Lower Fees: Credit unions are not-for-profit financial institutions, which means they can offer lower fees and better rates than traditional banks.
- Personalized Service: Credit unions are known for their personalized service and focus on the needs of their members.
- Community Involvement: TACU is deeply involved in the community and supports local events and organizations.
- Competitive Rates: TACU offers competitive rates on loans and deposits, which can help you save money.
- Financial Education: TACU provides financial education resources to its members, which can help you make informed financial decisions.
How to Become a Member of Tahquamenon Area Credit Union
To become a member of TACU, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. You can become a member if you live, work, worship, or attend school in Chippewa, Mackinac, or Luce County, Michigan. You can also become a member if you are an immediate family member of an existing member.
To join TACU, you will need to fill out a membership application and deposit a minimum of $5 into a savings account. Once you become a member, you will have access to all of TACU’s products and services.
Tahquamenon Area Credit Union has been a trusted financial institution in the eastern Upper Peninsula of Michigan for over 65 years. They offer a wide range of financial products and services, competitive rates, and a commitment to personalized service and community involvement. Becoming a member of TACU can help you save money, make informed financial decisions, and support the local community. If you’re interested in joining TACU, visit their website or stop by one of their branch locations to learn