State Employee Credit Union was established on 4th June 1937 by the employees of the State of North Carolina. Its main headquarters is in Raleigh, North Carolina. In this article you will get the information regarding the State Employee Credit Union, State Employee Credit Union Login procedure, State Employee Credit Union application.
SECU was started with 17 members and investment of $437 and at the basement of Raleigh Agriculture Building. By 1960 it grew to 70,000 members and had assets of almost $25 million. State Employee Credit Union is one of the largest credit union in the United States.
The main aim of SECU is to guarantee that their members get and save loans or credit at a realistic interest rate. They provide affordable financial services to their employees along with their families including basic banking services, loans, mortgages, and investment savings vehicles.
- It provides Basic banking services: Checking and Savings accounts
- Loans: Personal, student, automobile loans, and Mortgages
- Credit cards
By 2020 the state employee credit union assets grew to $45.2 billion with more than 1.7 million members and 240 offices across the state. SECU has a network of 1100 automated teller machines situated in every country of North Carolina.
Qualifications required to become a member of SECU
State Employee Credit Union is a member-owned and not for profit cooperative. Members who can meet the eligibility requirements can have the membership of SECU. Below are the eligibility criteria:
- To become a member one must be employed by the state of North Carolina
- People working for the state public school boards of education
- Federal employees working for North Carolina state agencies
- Members of the state National Guard
- Certain county employees of social services, health, mental health, and Civil defense
- Members of the associations formed for the beneficiary work of State North Carolina
- Employees of agencies whose employees are subject to the State Personnel Act
- Retired Individual from the above mentioned employment or services. This includes former employees who are vested and have not withdrawn or terminated future eligibility to be a pensioner or annuitant
- Unmarried spouses of members who died while in the field of membership
- Family member spouse, parents, siblings, and children of a current member
Any person who comes under these categories can become a member by opening a Share Account- savings account with an initial minimum opening deposit of $25. (A FAT CAT account can be opened for the eligible person of an age 12 and under a minimum initial deposit of $5).
Balance Sheet of SECU
Below image highlights every detail about the balance sheet with different attributes like total assets, total equity, total shares and deposits, interest income, non-interest income, interest expense, non-interest expense with figures and many more details. The image of the balance sheet is of 31-07-2020.
State Employees Credit Union Registration procedure
If you met the eligibility requirements of becoming a member, you can begin the registration process. You need to follow the following steps for opening an account with SECU. You can take guidance from the North Carolina State Employees Credit Union.
Following are the things you require during registration:
- 3-digit voice response number
- 16-digit ATM/Debit Card number
- To register as a new SECU member, visit the link below,
- Then click on Enroll now.
- Screen will display where you have to enter your 16-digit ATM/Debit card number and 3-digit voice response number
- Then click on continue
- Once you completed the process you will a get message on your screen saying, “Congratulations! Here you have completed the enrollment process.”
- After that you have to create your username and password through which you can login to your new SECU account.
- Once done click continue.
- On the next page twenty-two security questions will appear on your screen. From that you need to answers six questions and then click Submit.
State Employees Credit Union Login procedure
When you have completed the registration process then you can follow the following steps to login in your account. It is categorized into 2 sections:
- PC users
- Mobile App users
Steps of state employee credit union login for PC users are as follows:
- If you are using PC then you need to login using the Sign in Using Our Full Site or click on the link https://onlineaccess.ncsecu.org/O/login.aspx
When you click on the link or Sign in using Full site a new tab will appear on your screen where you need to enter your user ID and password
By following these 2 steps you can login to your SECU account through PC.
state employee credit union login through Mobile are as follows:
If you want to login through mobile then you can access login your SECU account through the phone browser or download the state employee credit union app from the Google play store.
Here are the steps to follow:
If you are signing in using the browser then firstly visit the site https://www.ncsecu.org/Home/MobileSignIn.html and click on Sign in using our Mobile site or click on this link https://m.ncsecu.org/m/Menu.aspx
- A new tab will appear in which you need to enter your user ID and password.
- If you are using the state employee credit union app then you can download the app using the link and follow the same steps.
The following are the advantages of using the state employee credit union application.
- It is easy to locate a branch or ATM using the app
- You can login using face recognition or fingerprint
- You can check and schedule your BillPay payments
- You can transfer funds quickly between your credits union accounts
- You can check your transaction information and account balance
- You can check about Instant loan or credit card advance
You will get many features using the app. You just have to download the application.
State Employee Credit Union Forgot Password and Reset process
Many time users find it difficult to remember their passwords. So here are the ways given to reset the password:
- You can reset the password on the member access page. Go to the official website of SECU
- Click on the Forgotten Password.
- For resetting your password, you need to have completed answering the security questions. If you did that, you just need to enter your user ID and social security password.
- Then click Continue.
If you have registered the SECU account using one-time passcode, then you must have your phone with you because the code will be sent to your mobile number. Once you get the code enter it and reset your password.
However, if you have registered through basic security questions then you need to answer two security questions to reset the password. When you are done answering your questions you can enter your new password and re-enter it and click continue.
By using the following methods you can reset your password and access your account.
State Employees Credit Union Routing Number
The State Employees credit union routing number is 253177049
Routing numbers are also referred as ABA numbers or routing transit number (RTN). It is a 9-didgit identification number assigned to financial institutions in United States. It is used for making electronic deposits or withdrawals to and from the accounts through Automated Clearing House (ACH).
This sample check image gives an idea of where you can find the State Employee Credit Union routing number.
State Employees Credit Union Locations
SECU provides financial services to credit union members in local communities. Here are the following SECU credit union branch locations.
|Annapolis||115 West St||Annapolis, MD|
|Annapolis Towne Centre||203 Harker PI Ste 115||Annapolis, MD|
|Baltimore State Office Complex||301 W Preston St||Baltimore, MD|
|Security at Chadwick||7173 Security Blvd||Baltimore, MD|
|Umb||418 W Baltimore St||Baltimore, MD|
|Fullerton||7906 Rossville Blvd||Baltimore, MD|
|Bel Air||210 Plumtree Rd||Bel Air, MD|
|Greenbelt Road||6011 Greenbelt Rd||Berwyn Heights, MD|
|University of Maryland College Park||8300 Baltimore Ave||College Park, MD|
|Columbia Branch||8630 Snowden River Pkwy||Columbia, MD|
|Crofton||1298 Cronson Blvd||Crofton, MD|
|Shady Grove||16701 Crabbs Branch Way||Derwood, MD|
|Glen Burnie||103 Chesapeake Center Ct||Glen Burnie, MD|
|Hagerstown||17239 Cole Rd||Hagerstown, MD|
|LaVale||12200 Winchester Rd SW||LaVale, MD|
|Main Office||971 Corporate Blvd||Linthicum Heights, MD|
|Millersville||8684 Veterans Hwy Ste 100||Millersville MD|
|Owings Mills||10801 Red Run Blvd||Owings Mills MD|
|Pasadena||8055 Jumpers Hole Rd||Pasadena, MD|
|Salisbury||1101 Mount Hermon Rd||Salisbury, MD|
|Timonium||33 E Padonia Rd||Timonium, MD|
|Towson||8603 La Salle Rd||Towson, MD|
State Employee Credit Union is really good option to choose credit and finance. hope you guys liked our information of login, forgot password, routing number and all. thanks for reading.