If you’re looking for a financial institution that’s dedicated to its members’ needs and interests, Lake Superior Credit Union (LSCU) is an excellent choice. LSCU is a non-profit financial cooperative that’s owned by its members, which means that its profits are reinvested in the organization rather than being paid out to shareholders. This allows LSCU to offer its members a wide range of financial products and services at competitive rates, while also providing excellent customer service and member support.
In this article, we’ll provide a comprehensive guide to Lake Superior Credit Union, including information on how to become a member, the services and products they offer, and the benefits of choosing LSCU for your financial needs.
Becoming a Member
To become a member of Lake Superior Credit Union, you must meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- You must live, work, worship, or attend school in one of the following counties in Michigan: Marquette, Alger, Delta, Dickinson, Iron, Menominee, or Schoolcraft.
- You must be an immediate family member of a current LSCU member.
- You must be a current or retired employee of one of LSCU’s partner companies or organizations.
To join LSCU, you’ll need to complete a membership application and open a share savings account with a minimum deposit of $5. Once your membership is approved, you’ll have access to all of LSCU’s products and services.
Services and Products Offered
Lake Superior Credit Union offers a variety of financial products and services designed to meet the diverse needs of its members. Here are some of the key offerings:
- Savings Accounts: LSCU offers a range of savings account options, including share savings, money market, and share certificates. These accounts offer competitive interest rates and can help you build your savings over time.
- Checking Accounts: LSCU’s checking accounts come with features such as free online banking, bill pay, and mobile banking, as well as ATM fee reimbursements.
- Loans: LSCU offers a variety of loan products, including auto loans, personal loans, home equity loans, and mortgages. These loans come with competitive rates and flexible repayment terms.
- Credit Cards: LSCU offers two credit card options, including a rewards card and a low-rate card. Both cards come with no annual fees and offer rewards and perks.
- Business Services: LSCU offers a range of business services, including business checking accounts, business loans, and merchant services.
Benefits of Choosing Lake Superior Credit Union
There are many benefits to choosing Lake Superior Credit Union as your financial institution. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Lower Fees: Because LSCU is a non-profit cooperative, it doesn’t have to pay dividends to shareholders. This means that it can offer its members lower fees and better rates than many traditional banks.
- Community-Focused: LSCU is dedicated to supporting the communities it serves. It offers scholarships to local students, sponsors local events, and participates in community outreach programs.
- Personalized Service: LSCU is committed to providing its members with personalized service and support. Its staff is knowledgeable and friendly, and its members have access to a variety of resources and tools to help them manage their finances.
- Online and Mobile Banking: LSCU offers online and mobile banking services that make it easy to manage your accounts from anywhere, at any time.
- Shared Branching: LSCU is part of the CO-OP Shared Branching network, which allows members to access their accounts at thousands of credit union branches across the country.
Lake Superior Credit Union is an excellent financial institution that offers a wide range of products and services to its members. As a non-profit cooperative, LSCU is committed to providing its members with personalized service, low fees, and competitive rates. With online and mobile banking, shared branching, and a community-focused approach, LSCU is an ideal choice for anyone looking for a financial institution that’s dedicated to its members’ needs and interests. If you live, work, or attend school in one of the eligible counties in Michigan or meet the other eligibility requirements, we encourage you to consider becoming a member of Lake Superior Credit Union.